Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Oh dearie! My poor tomatoes are withering in the sun! Why? Because Mr. G has been working in his backyard for the past couple of days. Today I was determined to go out there and water the flowers - and face Mr. G face to face. But I chickened out again.

Mr. G is working on some kind of unnecessary project. He's building some kind of concrete walkway in his backyard even though the walkway he had before was perfectly acceptable.

I watch him from my upstairs window and I ponder. What IS he thinking about? What is going on in his mind?

Why does he give himself so much "busy work"?

Like most bourgeoisie I am sure he is denying death. He doesn't want to think, so he works. And I don't blame him. I think too much and it leads to terrible depression. Yes, constant busy work - a constant project - is an excellent anti-depressant. But one has to at least know WHAT one is avoiding. Or does one? I've just always had to do things the hard way. Might it not have been better had I gone with the stream?

As far as spying on his grown children. Well, my justification for that was that he couldn't mind HIS business. I suspected that he informed the township that my lawn wasn't mowed. He also used to go into my backyard - uninvited - and trim my hedges. Who the hell was he to stick his nose into my business like that? How would he have felt had I gone into HIS backyard without permission and trimmed his hedges? He wouldn't have been too happy or comfortable with that! So why should I take such an INSULT lying down?

Good little bourgeois was worried about his property values and instead of blaming our misguided system, he bothered little ol' me!

So I said to myself: "If he wants to look over here I will look over there!" And I did. And what I saw was much more interesting than overgrown hedges.

So why am I afraid of him? He started with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment