Thursday, August 5, 2010

Last night I ate very spicy Mexican food before bed. Not a good idea. I had a series of bizarre nightmares, most only half-remembered.

The only one I remember clearly involved Joe Bonham from the film "Johnny Got His Gun." This film was cut through Metallica's "One" video.

Joe Bonham was a fictional World War I soldier who stepped on a landmine and had his arms and legs blown off. He was also blinded, deafened and rendered mute.

In my dream he was all of a sudden the coolest guy in school, like a Ferris Bueller. He was travelling around in limos and dating hot girls, going to parties and bobbing his head to the vibrations. Like nothing had happened. Like he had really overcome his handicaps. The point of the novel was that war was such WASTE, but in my dream Joe was moving right along.

I moaned and groaned and finally woke up to see that the sun was coming up. When waking up from a nightmare that is always the best - to see the sun rising on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment