Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I've always wanted to live in Lytton, California.

Lytton is a fictional city created for the old-school Sierra computer game series "Police Quest."

Oh, those games were educational. So much better than the junk out there now. Basically the player is a cop starting out in a police station and the object is to go through all the procedures to arrest and put away a major drug dealer. The game was created by an ex-police officer and it was so accurate that police stations around the country actually used the game as a training tool.

When I was in 3rd Grade I was addicted to this game. I felt like I knew the characters.

Anyway, part of the game was driving the cruiser through the streets of Lytton.

Lytton was my kind of town. There were strip clubs, biker bars, dive motels, fancy hotels filled with prostitutes and drug dealers in the park. Lytton was a rough town!

I need to somehow find that game and play it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment