Thursday, July 30, 2009

Magick and Money

The other night I was walking on the boardwalk and I overheard two rather youngish - late 20s, about my age - black women talking. The one woman said to the other: "Money - MONEY - is what makes the world go round. Period, point blank. That's all there is to it." The other one nodded her head in agreement.

The two philosophers.

Isn't it a shame to see people of my generation - still young, still viable - just so badly deluded?

Oh, yes, we need money to survive, of course, and that is why money is important. Yes, money is important!!! No one can deny that. It is important for FOOD, SHELTER, and an OCCASIONAL LUXURY. And that is IT!!!!! Period, point blank. In the words of Robert Anton Wilson, money is a bio-survival ticket. In our fearful society whoever stacks the most bio-survival tickets is considered the winner. Like a rat if we do what we are told we are provided with bio-survival tickets. If we go through the maze the way the architects of the scheme want us to go through the maze!

AND THIS IS OKAY!!! There is no dishonor in doing what must be done to SURVIVE - and even to SUCCEED!!! There is no harm or dishonor in this.

However, there is something wrong with losing perspective and seeing such a small part of the picture.

This is where magick comes in. People hear "magick" and they think of wizards in robes looking into crystal balls and shooting lightning bolts from a wand. This is NOT what magick is. Magick is many things - it is life itself. Beyond the dogma of various magickal traditions magick is a journey through the astral plane.

The astral plane is infinite and infinitely varied, but at first it does not seem as exotic as it is. It is where we often go when we dream. And, yes, it is both glorious and dangerous, a place where your wildest dreams and worst nightmares may come true. This is why it is very important to prepare - and prepare thoroughly - before becoming too deeply involved in magick.

But the best thing about the astral plane is that it seems to me as if money means NOTHING there! Entering the astral plane takes real WORK.

And me? I am still an IGNORANT KID. I, right now, am in the process of deconditioning myself. Like Socrates I at least know that I know nothing. By deconditioning myself I am on the road to becoming RADIANTLY SANE. Though, of course, I will appear INSANE to this INSANE society.

Conspiracies don't take place in dank basements. They are right in front of your face, every time you stand in the checkout aisle and read about "Jon and Kate."

Magick in the end, for me, is learning how to live, love, and feel again while being myself.

I want to start exploring again, but this time I am aware of the highs and lows, the comforts and the dangers, the joy and the anguishes of knowing how things REALLY work.

I want to read Julius Evola, but he is hard to find. I'll have to check out some occult bookstores in New York. I'll keep ya' posted!

As I finished my walk on the boardwalk the two philosophers walked toward me, still stuck. As stuck as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment