Tuesday, April 7, 2009

In a free for all, volunteer-taught creative writing workshop there is always the oldster war veteran.

Will there be one tonight?

The Hallmark cliche-spewing housewife, all cuddles and kisses.

Will she be there tonight?

The young, mopey, uber-sensitive wannabe writer. (I HOPE TO HELL I DON'T FALL INTO THIS CATEGORY! Nah. I'm something different.)

Will he be there tonight?

The "in-crowd", the cool clique, the ones who know people, the ones who know people who know people who know people who met Poet Laureate Billy Collins; the spider-like pseudo-scholars, the worst of the worst, mocked by Nietzsche. The sort of people who make one want to hang out with the uneducated.

Will they be there tonight?

I know one thing: I will be there tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment