Monday, March 1, 2010

Local Queer Politics

Considering that I'm queer (a proud pansexual), I feel I can question the queer lifestyle, sort of like how blacks are allowed to use the "N" word or Jews are allowed to make Jewish jokes.

I live in Neptune, New Jersey which is probably the best town on the piece of shit Jersey Shore. Neptune is largely black and where I live almost looks and feels like a safer version of Jamaica, Queens. I get along well with most of my neighbors because, well, let's face it - blacks are oftentimes much nicer than white people. It's only when I leave my block that I realize how many assholes live around here.

One of the boroughs of Neptune is Ocean Grove. Ocean Grove is a very wealthy and very GAY historic area (what is it with fags and those quaint Victorian houses? I mean, I love Victorians too, but fags shit their pants every time they see a pastel Victorian house.)

Our former mayor was a fat fag from Ocean Grove. A fat, bourgeois homosexual who looks like a fat, balding chipmunk. A fat, balding queen in a decent suit and tie.

This man is still very much involved in the town (we, like many small municipalities have a constantly revolving roster of mayors and councilmen and women.) He is always in the local paper with projects he is working on. Just the other day he was in a photo with a bunch of little black kids - they were all gathered at the local library for a "Neptune Reads!" event.

More power to him! I don't have a problem with this man, I simply don't UNDERSTAND him.

What's the point of being gay if you are going to be, well, NORMAL? What's the point?

Worse than queers behaving like normal human beings, what is it with gay dogma? I have trouble understanding how anyone can stick to just one gender. Women are great, but sometimes I need a man and vice versa.

It sometimes seems hard to find a man because to do so would require wading through the lonely, treacherous and depressing gay world - where one can only find certain types of guys hiding out in their respective cliques, very seldom breaking their own dogma; as determined to find a twink, bear, a this or that as that guido cunt Snooki was to find a worthless Italian juicehead.

But it doesn't matter. I'm not particularly passionate about the issue (or most other issues.) Even if I wanted to marry a man I couldn't picture taking to the streets and marching for the right to do so. Why couldn't we just have our own private marriage ceremony in the privacy of our own home? Who needs legal or religious recognition? All of that stuff is for the Herd, not for us supermen.

No comments:

Post a Comment