Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Pink Salmon

Christmas is better when one is alone. After all, one can do whatever one wants. No pressure. I knew the good times were over when my ex and I used to go back to our own place on Christmas night. Even when I talked to ... (aka mom) I was seldom welcome to stay for more than one day or night.

Christmas now is all anticipation. When I stayed at my Dad's apartment in Atlantic Manor (a depressing garden apartment complex if ever there was one) I used to barbecue pink salmon out in the early December chill. The Indians - the ones who owned-worked at the Dunkin' Donuts on the Route 35 circle - played on the other side of the courtyard.

I was a vegan, but the pink salmon was so good it made me a microbe, I mean a macrobe, I mean a joyless macrobiotic eater rather than just a plain joyless vegan.

I'd be so sick afterwards I'd drink detox tea. That was the beginning of the end.

But now I'm so much happier, especially after going through a depression worse than what I experienced during the pink salmon phase.

I woke up this morning and said: "I feel good!"

No comments:

Post a Comment