Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Liber v Jvgorvm

Tomorrow I will do a test run of the methods described in Aleister Crowley's Liber v Jvgorvm.

The first exercise is to refrain from saying a certain common word for a certain amount of time, from a day to a week or longer. I'll start with a day.

The word I will refrain from using is "The". THE. One of the most common words in the English language.

What I am supposed to do upon failure (saying the word) is to gash my arm with a razor blade.

However, I am a chicken. I am afraid of blood poisoning or gangrene. If I have trouble finding as much sex as I want now, how will I manage without an arm?

Crowley would totally disapprove of my cowardice and call me everything in the jungle but the hunter, but I have to stay true to myself.

I'M A RAGING PUSSY!

Instead, I will mark my errors down in a tiny notepad and later scourge myself for each error. This way I will punish myself without killing or permanently mutilating myself.

So, if I start paraphrasing tomorrow, you will know why - I don't want to self-flagellate.

However, the most difficult practice will be when it is time to refrain from using the word "I". Proud egotist that I am, my back will look like Denzel Washington's in the film "Glory".

Oh, the things I do to kill the depression and soul-sickness and feel like myself again!

No comments:

Post a Comment