Monday, July 19, 2010

I was rudely woken up this morning by a severe thunderstorm. I had just enough time to throw on sweatpants, a tee-shirt and flip-flops and speed down the road to Quik Check (for some reason I feel safer in public, in structurally sound buildings.) It was too late to go to the supermarket. The storm was too close.

I barely made it. As I was pulling out of the driveway dust and debris were already being picked up by the violent winds. I drove like an absolute maniac to get to Quik Check just as the worst of it was breaking. I bounded into Quik Check like a sprinter. People were looking at me funny.

The Quik Check was, of course, filled with the usual yokels, Herd Animals that I absolutely despise. I waited out the storm.

I felt ashamed of myself. After all, I have devoted myself lately to overcoming all of my depression, OCDs and phobias. I have been treating myself with exposure therapy. I have made plans to wait out the next storm in my own home.

But this storm woke me up. I was not yet conscious enough to face my fear. Because my mind was not yet awake I fell into old conditioned patterns.

I'm going to PLAN to stay home for the next storm and wait it out - no matter what happens.

At least I'm over the depression. It's hard not to be depressed nowadays, when all the worst prosper and all the best suffer. It's enough to make one so nauseous that one does not even want to eat (which is what happpened to me and resulted in a terrible eating disorder that I'm just now overcoming.) THE WORLD IS HERE TO BE CONSUMED AND ENJOYED!!!!! MONEY IS MADE TO BE ENJOYED!!! SO IS FOOD!!!

My only point is that everything should go to the superior.

And not the cast of Jersey Shore.

That's all.

That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment