Wednesday, May 20, 2009

In Grammar School they called me "Will the Still" because I was so quiet and calm. Then, as now, I could not understand the constant need for meaningless activity. Athletics are the perfect example of meaningless activity. Especially team sports. At least I could attach my hopes and dreams - as well as the injustices committed against me - to a heroic underdog like Mike Tyson.

Then, as now, I knew there were only three subjects worth thinking about: sex, love, and philosophy - and that's it!

But now I understand the importance of keeping both the mind and the muscles constantly moving. Today I shoveled stone. I worked so hard that by the time I was done my entire face was caked with a white chalk. The "white chalk" was salt - that's how much I'd been sweating. My sweat smells worse than it ever has before because now when I sweat I am sweating out sickness.

I want my heart to be ready for those who deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment