Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Anxious Dreams of Kafkaesque Killy

I was never a big fan of Kafka, but he did pay attention to dreams.

Dream #1:

The Trial.

I'm in an office, standing before a judge.

"Do you know why you're here?"

"No, your honor."

"Do you know what you've done wrong?"

"No, your honor."

"Your case is one of the worst I have ever seen. You should be ashamed of yourself." He pulled out a thick file. "One of the worst I've ever seen."

"Yes, your honor."

"Do you know why you're here?"

"No, your honor."

"Good. Now go into my courtroom and sit down."

I sit down at a defense table with two other defendants. Everyone made me feel like a nuisance of an intruder, like I had no right to even take up space.

Dream #2:

I'm in an elevator bay of a Las Vegas casion (I've never been to Vegas). I'm crawling on the ground in front of the elevators. The right elevator, the one closest to me, cannot open or close all the way, something is blocking it. The middle elevator opens. A chubby, older blonde woman exits, sees me, recognizes me (apparently she knows me) and takes pity on me.

On the elevator ride back to her room she says: "I loved you back in the 60s (I was not yet a gleam in my father's eye in the 60s) but you're gross now."

Despite these words we went to her room and then she told me that I had to leave. But I couldn't leave because I couldn't find all of my clothes. I kept scrambling but as soon as I found one piece of clothing I lost track of another.

Dream #3:

A rabid animal bites me. I will have to seek immediate medical attention, but for some reason I kept moving in slow motion and other people kept sidetracking me, until we were on the cusp of being "too late".

No comments:

Post a Comment