Wednesday, April 20, 2011

To put myself to sleep at night I imagine myself as the Warrior Philosopher-King of a small but strong medieval community. We face invasion from a much larger force. So I lead my men to resist. First, we launch burning arrows and fireballs a them as they approach our perimeter. The perimeter is lined with all sorts of booby-traps. The traps are covered holes containing lions, tigers, crocodiles, bears and other wild animals. The next set of traps are steel pikes that impale rows of soldiers. The ones who make it past the pikes face a giant wooden wall. Any who make it over are charged by me and my men. I usuall carry a long spear that I use to impale my enemies. Sometimes I alternate with the sword. The women hide in the village armed with knives so that if we lose no one will be taken alive. Let's hope they never get that far.

This is a very cozy fantasy for me and it always puts me to sleep. Was I once a great Warrior-King. That would describe my nobility of character. What I want to emphasize is that I never wanted a GOOD world. A good world would be boring. I have always merely wanted a FAIR world where good and evil are very clearly defined.

Not too long ago I saw a Ford pick-up truck in front of me. The back of the truck was covered with tea party bumper stickers. One of the stickers said: "Actually, No One Owes You Crap."

Um, yeah you do. You owe me a lot, including a living and health insurance.

I was born into YOUR world. I was raised in YOUR society. I grew up with your oppressive children. I was expected to abide by your rules and follow your norms. I was rejected, tortured and tormented for being just very slightly out of step from your kind. It was YOUR world, but I was born into it and forced to live in it.

I was never allowed the enjoyments of your world. So why should I sacrifice my time/energy for your world? Would you like it if you were in my higher alternate world and I said to you "Nobody owes you crap"? Wouldn't be fair, right?

Today I was working on my Uncle Johnny's house with my dad. The nosy neighbors across the street were spying on us. Husband and wife were going on their little cracker nosy patrols.

Petty bourgeois. I grew up with them. They are very stereotypical. Everything in their lives revolves around their home and yard. Appearances. Yet, they would slit their own brother's throat for a dollar.

It's weakness, cowardice and denial of death.

See, I LOVE the Herd. Actually, I want to love the Herd. I would love the Herd if they worshipped the superior as gods. Instead they treat us as pariahs.

There is an imbalance there. It needs to be fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment