Friday, September 24, 2010

Sometimes I used to smoke a lot of marijuana and get these panicky otherworldly feelings. This is one of a few mountains I have left to climb.

One of my mountains.

1. My sleep schedule. I need to get back on a decent sleep schedule. This is as simple as combating the nightime anxiety I experience. An anxious, panicky, otherworldly feeling, like I'm losing my mind or living in another reality or in a reality that is coming apart and where nothing is certain and guaranteed.

This makes it difficult for me to sleep at night. Not only that, but I am afraid of being abducted by aliens.

Last night, when it was still dark and I was just drifting off to a - finally - sound sleep there was a loud "pop" and the house lost all power. "Oh shit," I thought, "They're coming for me. They're coming for me." I jumped out of bed and ran down the stairs to try to run out the front door. By the time I reached downstairs the lights were back on, but the living room smelled like an electrical fire. A power strip in my living room was crackling, so I unplugged the appliances. The power strip continued to crackle, so I unplugged the power strip. But I still smelled an electrical fire smell. I looked and sniffed around and realized that it was from the phone cord, which is, stupidly, plugged into an old-fashioned two-hole socket. I unplugged the phone cord and it was hot and smelled like, again, electrical fire. I unplugged everything in the living room.

Now I am agitated that I have to live with one more worry. The mice should be trying to re-infest again soon too. Now I'm going to be constantly afraid to go away for fear of an electrical fire. I'll figure something out and deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment