Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Nightmare on Sue Street

I had such a bizarre, terrifying nightmare last night. I should really be a horror writer.

Her name was Julie. She looked like a hot brunette. We met over the Internet. She agrees to meet me at my best friend Eric's house. Once she gets there I realize she's severely disabled. She's like a crab. She can still walk and drive, but she is extremely fragile, quite disabled. She is wearing a shell over her body, like a brittle human exoskeleton. I don't even know what is under her shell and something tells me that I do not want to find out. I take her out the back of Eric's house and - as politely as possible - I try to get rid of her, to make up an excuse, to send her home. And she has me so creeped out at this point that I hope to God to never see her again. I politely walk her to her car, making up all kinds of excuses. On the way to her car, she trips, falls and cracks her body-long prosthetic, ending up as a heap on Eric's back porch. I rush in to Eric's house, not sure what to do. Eric has to leave for work. It's morning for some reason. In real life Eric works nights, but for some reason I was meeting a girl at his house early in the morning and now he was leaving for work. As he prepares to leave my other best friend Chris calls and tells me that he is coming over to Eric's house. I tell Chris the situation and ask him what I should do. I don't even want to leave Eric's house to meet Chris because she could be out there waiting for me. Maybe she would be leaving and I could wait until then and then try to shake her. What if she knocks on the window? I close all the blinds in Eric's house. What if she comes in through the garage? I close and lock the heavy door leading out to the garage. As he is leaving I ask Eric if it is okay with his parents if I go on the computer. Calling Christopher again and explaining to him that we should meet at my place. I try to get out of there. I'm afraid she'll follow me, follow my car. Chris pulls up. Is she still a heap on the back porch or is she moving around now? I tell Christopher we will have to circle around and go all sorts of alternate routes back to my house to lose her just in case she decides to follow us. Imagine if she learns where I live!

That was where the nightmare ended. I'm going to turn this into a horror story for my writers' group.

No comments:

Post a Comment