Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My mother stole all of my 92 year old grandfather's money and completely deserted him. She put him in a dingy hellhole where he sometimes spends weeks completely alone. She gives him such little spending money that he sometimes has to ask ME for cash. In three years he has not even had a Christmas tree. She even deserts him on the holidays. I'm honored to be the black sheep in that family!

I was going to post this on Facebook, but I don't want to give her the satisfaction. Not only that, but I am disappointed in my grandfather. He has always been so passive. If she had done even half to me I would have raised a ruckus to Heaven and Hell. I would have called her out in front of people. I would have contacted lawyers. I would have called and complained to everyone within reach. But he just takes it and is as peaceful and compliant as ever.

This is so contrary to my nature that I cannot even understand it. I certainly can't respect it. I cannot help but to love the man, but love and respect are different things.

As repugnant as violence and cruelty are, cowardice is even worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment