Monday, November 16, 2009

S.O.B. Part 1 of Infinity

Those hormones were racing. Adolescent hormones. I hated my parents. Hated their guts.

South of the Border. South Carolina. 1993. My world and everything in it revolved around Samantha Epstein - the hottest, prettiest, most popular girl in school.

She actually spoke a word to me before that February vacation. That meant that she was secretly in love with me. I had a chance - despite being the least popular girl in school. Yes, this was an 80s teen movie cliche but with one difference: in real life everyone has to die.

If only I could die with Samantha! We could die holding hands! We could die together and our souls merge into one. We could meet on the other side of the shore.

From New Jersey to South Carolina I listened to GN'R's "Coma" ( a song about Axl's near-death experience) and dreamed of dying with Samantha.

No comments:

Post a Comment