Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Why I do what I do

Yea! The Asbury Park Press published my letter today, my letter on how absolutely nothing will change even if our country becomes "North Mexico". Yes, I like attacking white bigots, but there's more of a reason for why I do what I do.

Basically, I'm trying to build a spaceship. When I was a little boy I spent hours in the backyard hammering boards together in an attempt to make a spaceship.

Now I'm trying to build a spaceship out of meta, to sail away from this common earth to a glorious alien paradise full of sex, love, interestingness, endless novelty, and eternal individuality and subjectivity. Each piece of writing I get out there is another scrap on the hull of this spaceship.

In the end - like everything else that is any good - this is an entirely solipsistic enterprise. I care most about myself and the people in my microcosm. We can know LIFE. The others can stay here.

No comments:

Post a Comment