Thursday, March 26, 2009

My "Ignant" Case for (or against) Richard Wagner

Ressentiment and Revenge: I'll sate my lust with the gods! Yes, I will god(no pun intended)dammit!

I was Alberich, a cancerous gnome, a troublesome troll, a poisonous toad! Not receiving love I scorned love - but never renounced love! I will never renounce love!

Buddhism: Only through renunciation may one gain the entire world! Well, then what's the fucking point? Wagner was sailing merrily along until he hit a Schopenhauerian reef!

The Gods! They too are defined and limited by limits. What I am not is what I am and what I am is what I am not. The finite wishes to be infinite, the infinite wishes to be finite. Thank you, Kierkegaard, for ruining my happiness. Anyone who is sexually satisfied would never read you! How could Heidegger get his dick hard for Hannah Arendt? (One of the many skeleton keys to Heidegger is Kierkegaard.) I don't have to worry about you Kierkegaard, you hateful sufferer! You're nothing but a fragmented Hegel, right? Fuck you, Kierkegaard!

See how ignorant I am.

See how ignorant I am.

See how ignorant I am.

And by the way, fuck you, Kant! You Kant!

By the way, could you imagine Bertrand Russell fighting Nietzsche in his prime? That's a polemic cage match I would like to see! Could you imagine how thoroughly Nietzsche would rip him a new asshole? That would be like Woody Allen going against Mike Tyson when Iron Mike was still in his prime. English coward. English pussy.

Wotan: How could any man (or god) choose war and/or power over woman? Endless dominion or endless bedroom horseplay. I would obviously choose the latter. I'm a weak, effeminate rake. I'm Paris of Troy! Let the real MEN fight their silly little wars on MY behalf. I'll take care of the women! Trust in Venus and you'll always be safe, happy, satisfied. It's better to be effeminate. The worst thing any man can be is strong and reliable.

But back to dead philosophers. They're dead heroes. They're all lumped together now as postmodern chatter. "The Colbert Report" and "South Park" both have their finger on the pulse better than I ever will. I've lost the pulse. That's why I can't get published. I need to find the pulse (and my sense of humor) again.

And let's face it: Even though I appreciated this production of "Das Rheingold" on every level artistically and intellectually it IS difficult for any member of my generation to get through Wagner - we've been trained into ADD.

You wanna be a philosopher? Then party! Live it up! Do keg-stands (whatever keg stands are) You have to be a "cool guy" before you can be a philosopher.

No comments:

Post a Comment